Friday, October 06, 2006

NFL week 5

Week 5, let’s do this. A pretty pedestrian 8-6 last week brings me to 37-23 overall. Here’s the picks, see you at the Pro Line booth.

Buffalo @ Chicago

I knew the Bills would screw me last week, and there’s a good chance they’ll screw me again this week. Chicago is too good to lose this game, but they seem to be drinking some of the Kool-Aid, and may already be thinking about going to Miami.

Cleveland @ Carolina

I don’t know why Keyshawn Johnson clotheslined DeShaun Foster after Foster’s big touchdown last week, but it looks like the Panthers are back in business.

Detroit @ Minnesota

Despite the fact they couldn’t even beat Buffalo last week, I’m riding shotgun with Minny again this week, as per my Lions boycott.

Miami @ New England

I can’t watch. This is going to make Saw look like one of Dora’s explorations.

St. Louis @ Green Bay

Next.

Tampa Bay @ New Orleans

Just for kicks, I’m going here: Good thing hockey season has started, and Bucs fans can turn their attention to something else. Well, it makes me laugh. The Saints get back in the win column.

Tennessee @ Indianapolis

Vince Young, meet Dwight Freeney. Again and again. Welcome to the big leagues rook.

Washington @ New York Giants

We may all be underestimating the Redskins. That was an impressive win over Jacksonville last week, while the Giants are sort of floundering. Still, the Giants are the pick, but a very cautious pick.

Kansas City @ Arizona

I refuse to believe the Chiefs are 41-0 good.

New York Jets @ Jacksonville

The Jaguars bus is still running strong, even if we’re only 2-2.

Oakland @ San Francisco

I actually let a coin-flip make this pick.

Dallas @ Philadelphia

Forget all the excessive Terrell Owens garbage. These guys are battling it out for the early division lead, and this is Philly’s first second chance to prove themselves against a decent opponent.

Pittsburgh @ San Diego

At 1-2, Pittsburgh has fallen so far off the radar most people probably didn’t even blink before picking the Padres this week, including me.

Baltimore @ Denver

Finally! Someone that can beat Denver. At 2-1, the Broncos are having too good a season so far, and they need to be stopped. Go get ‘em Baltimore.

A reminder that there will be a Saturday post again. It'll be a hybrid Atlantic Division rundown/thank God I was back at Copps for a Bulldogs game last night.

No comments: