Friday, September 22, 2006

NFL Week 3

Carolina @ Tampa Bay

I read somewhere during the week that Bucs’ quarterback Chris Simms has something like one touchdown pass and nine interceptions. Carolina can beat Tampa, even without Steve Smith.

Chicago @ Minnesota

Chicago runs their in-division record to 3-0.

Cincinnati @ Pittsburgh

Cincinnati hasn’t done a whole lot to impress anyone, other than beating a bad KC team in KC and a bad Browns team at home. The Steelers have done even less to impress me, but somehow, I can’t pick against them in this one.

Green Bay @ Detroit

Clash of the titans!

Jacksonville @ Indianapolis

I don’t like Indy’s chances until their running game gets going. This game is a good test for Jacksonville’s defense, and it’s one I think they’ll pass.

New York Jets @ Buffalo

So is everyone in the AFC East going to finish 8-8?

Tennessee @ Miami

Too much bad karma hanging over Tennessee right now, there’s no way they can lose.

Washington @ Houston

Can I pick the tie? Someone is going to be bad enough to lose this game, and the smart money’s on Houston.

Baltimore @ Cleveland

Who knew Baltimore was good again? I’m not picking against them until they give up a touchdown.

New York Giants @ Seattle

Seattle looked bad against Detroit, and barely better against Arizona. There’s no way they can hang with the Giants, who taught me a lesson last week in picking against them.

Philadelphia @ San Francisco

This didn’t go well in Philly for the 49ers last year (42-3), and I can’t see it going much better at home this year.

St. Louis @ Arizona

I guess?

Denver @ New England

The Pats are that rare NFC East team that has the ability to finish above .500.

Atlanta @ New Orleans

Sorry, Nawlins, I’m all over your bandwagon, but those Falcons are too good.

Dallas, Kansas City, Oakland and San Diego are having a backyard BBQ with a group of Pac-10 officials.

No comments: